My first virtual trip to New York scored me 10 Foursquare badges over 2 days. I’ve since accomplished many other such online expeditions; in Chicago, in Pennsylvania, California and a few more to NYC – each with the primary purpose of unlocking more Foursquare badges.
This 2nd Montreal virtual trip, like other recent trips, saw me concentrate of leveling up expertise badges. So off I went to discover new venues around my home city.
Here are 7 new badges unlocked in Montréal, Québec in November 2011
- Warhol Level 8: That sure is a nice collection of art gallery check-ins! Ceci n’est pas une Art Gallery. OK, maybe it is. You’re at 35! You need 5 new spots to unlock Level 9.
- You need to visit 5 new art galleries to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Galerie NuEdge in Montreal, QC.
- Hot Tamale Level 6: Rice, beans, cheese, cilantro – why eat anything else when you can get all the important food groups wrapped into one delicious pound of foil? Now pass those nachos, will ya? It’s time to guac and roll. That’s 25 different Mexican restaurants! Visit 5 more to get to Level 7. Chimichurri party!
- You need to visit 5 new Mexican restaurants to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Mesa 14 in Montreal, Canada
- Fried Check-in level 5: Battered up! Soo much fried chicken! I believe the technical term for that is Poultry In Motion. More fried deliciousness? You are killing it! That’s 20 different places! Make it 25 and get to Level 6?
- You need to visit 5 new fried chicken restaurants to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Rôtisserie Scores in Laval, Canada
- 7-10 Split Level 4: You’ve shown your loyalty to the lanes, cooking up one hot turkey after the next. Now see if you can crash that 8-year-old’s birthday party. That cake looks good! Hey there, twinkle toes! You’ve got 15 different bowling alleys under your belt. Unlock Level 5 by visiting 5 new spots. Yabadabadoo!
- You need to visit 5 new bowling alleys to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Centre De Quilles 440 in Laval, Quebec
- Wino level 4: Quite the discerning wine palate. Let the tannins settle and savor the flavor profile – vanilla, butterscotch, used-chimney. Enjoy your next pinot, you oenophile you. Ruh-roh. That’s 15 different wine spots! Take it easy now… Visit 5 new places to unlock Level 5
- You need to visit 5 new wine bars to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Place Deschamps in Montréal, QC
- Bento level 4: Did you order the tako-wasa? How about tamago yaki to start? Ooh, and definitely get some ponzu on the side. Better yet, ditch the menu and go omakase like a pro. The chefs will definitely yell ‘Arigatogozaimashita’ when you leave. Congrats on visiting 15 different sushi spots! Two words: Sake Bomb. Unlock Level 5 by visiting 5 new places!
- You need to visit 5 new Japanese restaurants to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Imadake Izakaya in Westmount, Quebec
- Treat Yo Self Level 3: Hot stone massages. Treat yo self. Algae baths. Treat yo self. Carrot mulch scrubs. Treat yo self. Go ahead, splurge on the caviar wrap! And don’t forget to snag a tub of that macadamia nut cream on your way out. #treatyoself That’s 10 different spas! Seaweed wraps for everyone! Treat yo self to 4 new ones to unlock Level 4.
- You need to visit 5 new spa places to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Au Premier Spa Urbain in Montréal, QC
- That’s 4 straight days at Spas or Massages – you set a new record! (+3)
- First time at Au Premier Spa Urbain (+3)
Here are 3 new badges unlocked in the Laurentides, in Québec in November 2011
- Ski Bum Level 7: Looks like someone’s been slaying the pow! Say, is it 1988 in here, or did someone just throw a sick Double Daffy!? That’s 30 slopes! Treat yourself to a extra loop on the chair lift. Then start prepping for the Super G. Go to 5 new ski spots to get to Level 8!
- You need to visit 5 new ski areas to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Sommet du Mont-Tremblant Summit in Mont-Tremblant, Qc
- Zoetrope Level 7: That’s a lot of movie theater check-ins! Now, can you pick us up a large popcorn while you’re up? Congrats on getting to 30 different movie theaters! Sit back in that plush folding seat and enjoy Level 7 status. Visit 5 new spots to get to Level 8.
- You need to visit 5 new movie theatres to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at Cinéma 9 Carrefour Du Nord in Saint-Jérôme, QC
- JetSetter Level 6: Hopping around the world one airport at a time… safe travels! 25 different airports? Someone is doing a lot of traipsing. Happy travels! Visit 5 new airports to unlock Level 7.
- You need to visit 5 new airports to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked at l’Aéroport de St-Donat in Québec
If you haven’t already done so, I invite you to check out all my other virtual trips with Foursquare, or better yet, my Foursquare Encyclopedia:
North American East Coast:
- 1st virtual tip in New York
- 2nd virtual trip
- Virtual Pennsylvania trip
- 3th virtual trip
- 4th virtual trip
- 5th virtual trip
- 6th virtual trip
- 7th virtual trip
- 8th virtual trip
- 9th virtual trip
- 10th virtual trip
- 11th virtual trip
- 12th virtual trip
- Virtual trip in Montreal
- 13th virtual trip
- 1st New England virtual trip
North American Central & West Coast:
- Virtual Chicago Trip
- West Coast virtual trip
- 2nd virtual trip
- 3rd virtual trip
- 1st Austin virtual trip
- 5th series of West Coast mini virtual trips