- 63% of Quebecers say their first viewing of a full TV episode online was within the last 12 months (AdHoc Recherche juin 2009)
- If YouTube were a country it would be the 3rd biggest in the world
- comScore reported that YouTube surpassed 100 million unique visitors in the US alone and that that audience consumed over 6 billion videos monthly in early 2009
- 16.8 million Canadians, 3.2 million francophones use YouTube (comScore 2009/07)
- 4.6 million Canadians, 745 000 francophones use Google Video Search (comScore 2009/07)
- 193 000 Canadians, 14 000 francophones use Hulu (comScore 2009/07)
- According to YouTube, 50% of visitors return every week.
- 25% of Americans say they’ve watched a short video on their mobile phone in the last month.
- 90% of TiVo users skip ads.
- In the UK, 30 million people (80% of the online audience) watch videos online (comScore UK March 2009)
- Users are 1.5x more attentive while surfing YouTube than when watching TV (Motorola (with Mindshare) and GM, partnered with YouTube, December 2008)
- YouTube viewing multiplies TV’s impact – increasing recall and association by 15%. (Motorola (with Mindshare) and GM, partnered with YouTube, December 2008)
- 36% of UK users have bought a CD after viewing a music video on YouTube. (eMarketer, March 2009)
- 41% more streams viewed in the US vs last year – 11.4 billion streams online in August 2009 (Neilsen). Time spent by user increased 38,6%
- 57% of American youth (total) consulted YouTube in the last 12 months to see a music video – 56% consulted a music channel (Ipsos MediaCT)
- 6.5 million American Latinos use YouTube monthly, +80% growth (MediaDailyNews)
- YouTube is the most viewed video site (6 632 965 streams) ahead of Hulu (632 662) and Facebook (217 765) which is the 3e video site in the US in July 2009 (Nielsen VideoCensus)
- It’s estimated YouTube will serve over 75 billion videos to over 375 million visitors this year (2009).
- GoogleVideo streamed over 10 billion videos in August 2009 – average time spent is 9.7 hours for that month (comScore)
- 20 hours of new video content is added to YouTube every minute of every day.
- YouTube is the 2nd most important search engine in the World after Google
- Hulu went from 63 million streams in April 2008 to 373 million in April 2009.
- 42% trust advertising (North America – Nielsen Online Global Consumer Survey – July 2009)
- 90% trust recommendations from friends
- 70% trust peer recommendations on forums or elsewhere on the web
- 69% trust newspaper articles.
- 61% trust television ads
- 61% trust ads in daily newspapers
- 59% trust magazine ads
- 55% trust radio ads
- 54% trust outdoor ads
- 52% trust cinema ads
- 18% of traditional tv campaigns generate a positive ROI
- 48% of companies say online video is their 2nd most important social tool. (McKinsey Quarterly’s “Global Survey”)
- 16% of SMBs in the US have integrated video to their website in the last year (BIA/Kelsey)
- BlendTec have quintupled their sales with their video series « Will it blend »
See my favorites on YouTube here.
Also see Social Media Stats here.