- What’s worst digital marketing mistake you can make?
- Another bad digital marketing mistake to avoid (if you can)
- Is your brand still overlooking mobile?
- Don’t have a digital strategy? Stop everything!
- Do you ever perform tests with your marketing efforts?
- Are you up to date with digital marketing? (I doubt it)
- You don’t have defined goals for your online marketing?
- Your brand has unrealistic expectations
- Is your marketing content actually relevant?
- Is your brand self-centered on social media?
- Have you ever paid for followers, likes or traffic?
- Are your measuring your digital marketing results?
- Do you use dedicated landing pages for your digital advertising?
Which are the top digital marketing mistakes that a business must avoid? I’ve been blogging recently about the digital marketing mistakes brands and companies often make online, either because they’re in too much of a hurry to get things done, or due to sheer ignorance.
Here are three digital marketing mistakes covered already
- Using 2 different names for a same brand
- Using the same name as another organisation
- Not having a thought out digital strategy
Here’s another significant digital marketing mistakes businesses do, which should be avoided.
4- Not having clearly defined goals
Not having clearly defined goals and still going ahead with digital marketing and advertising spending is like navigating blindly an unfriendly sea. It’s idiotic and reckless.
Goals are easy to set. What growth did you achieve last period for this same activity? That can become your goal again as you try to do better this time around, having learned things the last time.
Where there conditions that eased your performance last period? Can you compensate for them? If not, adjust your goals accordingly.
Ensure that whatever goal you set, that they are in line with your overall marketing objectives and that you’ve identified a success metric to track it’s performance. Further, ensure that you can actually track or measure that success metric.