My overseas virtual trips usually have me hopping all over the globe. This one in particular was concentrated strictly in Europe between August and December 2012 in the hunt for new city badges, and leveling up a few expertise badges.
Here are 5 badges unlocked in Braga, Portugal, in August 2012:
- Cidade-berço: Meet up with the gang in the Praça de São Tiago for a drink (ok, maybe a few drinks) and feast on Rojões and Arroz de “Pica no chão.” Stuffed? Snag tickets to a show at Pavilhão Multiusos or stroll around the Parque da Cidade. Porreiro!
- You need to follow this city on Foursquare and perform5 check-ins at recommended venues. This badge was unlocked in Restaurante Florêncio in Guimarães, Braga.
- 7-10 Split level 10: You’ve shown your loyalty to the lanes, cooking up one hot turkey after the next. Now see if you can crash that 8-year-old’s birthday party. That cake looks good! You just unlocked Level 10! That’s one level for each pin! Congratulations on 45 different bowling alleys. Your leather Strike Master jacket is in the post.
- You need to visit 5 nouveaux salons de quilles to move from one level to the next. This badge was a été unlocked in Bowling House – braga in Braga.
- Greasy Spoon level 10: Sticky vinyl booths, bottomless mugs of joe, apple pie fresh out of the display case… Does that waitress have syrup on her hairnet? Sounds like diner heaven to us. Now, treat yourself to onion rings. Or a milkshake. We suggest both. Wow. You’ve been to 45 different diners! Are your arteries still intact? Who cares, you’re sitting pretty at Level 10. Congrats!
- You need to visit 5 new « diner » type restaurants to move from one level to the next. This badge was a été unlocked in Pur’acaso in Nogueiró, Braga.
- US Open 2012: You’re now a part of tennis’ biggest stage. World-class athletes, electrifying action, and you! Keep the rally going and enjoy the US Open Tennis Championships!
- You need to follow US Open and perform1 check-in to any tennis court. This badge was unlocked in Clube de Tenis de Braga in Braga, Portugal.
- This is my 385th Foursquare badge
- Monkey Bars level 10: Forget those “Bender” and “Crunked” badges – you’ve conquered the playground circuit! You just unlocked Level 10! Whip yourself up a dirt cup, sooth those monkey bar blisters, and give yourself 100 gold stars.
- You need to visit 5 new playgrounds to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked in Parque Infantil e de Manutenção de Real in Braga, Portugal
Here are 2 badges unlocked in Bologna, Italy in September 2012:
- Bolognese: You mastered the city of torri, portici, and tortellini! Meet your friends al Nettuno, zip over to Zanarini for un aperitivo, then to Trattoria da Vito for mortadella, or maybe some tagliatelle with ragù. After all, they don’t call it ‘la grassa’ for nothing…
- You need to follow this city on Foursquare and perform5 check-ins at recommended venues. This badge was unlocked in Cassero Gay & Lesbian Center in Bologna, BO
- Your first check-in at Cassero Gay & Lesbian Center ! (+3)
- First of your friends to publish a check-in here (+2)
- 3932 miles since your last check-in (+5)
- That’s 6 weeks in a row at Bars ! (+2)
- Ace level 5: You’ve stayed up ’til the wee hours to watch matches at Billie Jean and Rod Laver Arena and perfected your Johnny Mac outbursts and Sharapova shriek. Now prepare to face the likes of Novak Djokovic, slice an ace down the line, and make it a love game! That’s 20 different tennis courts! Check in to 5 more to unlock Level 6. Clay, grass, or hard court?
- You need to visit 5 new tennis courts to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked in Tennis Club Pontelungo in Bologna, BO.
Here is 1 badge unlocked in Plymouth, United Kingdom, in August 2012:
- My Local: That’s 3 check-ins at the same pub in the UK! Nothing tops an evening with friends at your local boozer – except, perhaps, your friends buying all the rounds. One more before last orders?
- You need to make 3 check-ins to the same pub in the UK. This badge was unlocked in The Roundabout in Plymouth, Devon.
Here are 1 badge unlocked in Oslo, Norway in November 2012:
- Kollen Roar: Whether on bike, skis, or your very own kon-tiki, you’ve explored Oslo’s best! After a hike around the woods at Frognerseteren, meet up with friends at Løkka… or are you the Solli Plass type? Either way, hit up Kebab Street on your way home. Sykt fett!
- You need to follow this city on Foursquare and perform5 check-ins at recommended venues. This badge was unlocked in Stratos in Oslo.
Here are 2 badges unlocked in Vienna, Austria in December 2012:
- Oh Tennenbaum : Glühwein? Check. Lebkuchen? Ja. Gifts? Of course. Give Santa a high five and soak in the magic of the Christmas markets. They come but once a year!
- You needed to make 1 check-in to any public Christmas marketing in any European city. This badge was unlocked in Wiener Christkindlmarkt in Wien.
- NaanSense, level 2 : Daal-ing! You must seriously love your curry – and checking in at Indian restaurants. Better order some poppadoms and chutney before you Vinda-lose your chance… That’s 5 different Indian restaurants! Visit 5 new places to unlock Level 3. Jasmine rice on the mind…
- You need to visit 5 new Indian restaurants to move from one level to the next. This badge was unlocked in Bombay Indian Restaurant in Vienna.
If you haven’t already done so, I invite you to check out all my other virtual trips and other Foursquare posts via my Foursquare Encyclopedia page, or my latest posts listed here below: