No need for me to tell you of my dependence on Foursquare badges for extracurricular fun. Here’s a bief update on my running total of Foursquare badges since I crossed the 300 badges threshold in September 2010.
As you may have noticed last week, I now have 406 Foursquare badges after a little over 2 years of fun.
They are groupee into 120 “core” badges, 35 expertise badges and 246 partner badges, paid for by companies as a marketing tactic.
This blog post is called Foursquare Badge Jedi because I now have the vast majority of available badges, including most expertise badges leveled up to “10.” Here are the 32 that I’ve currently gotten to level 10.
- Fresh Brew, unlocked November 15, 2011 in Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada: Look at you, Juan Valdez! That’s a lot of coffee. Now that you’ve had your caffeine fix, get out there and conquer the day – one twitchy step at a time. Level 10 Fresh Brew? That was easy. Now, how about going WITHOUT coffee for a day? On second thought, we don’t really want to be around when that withdrawal kicks in. Have as many cups as you’d like.
- Bookworm, unlocked November 16, 2011 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada : SUPER NERD ALERT! You just became at Level 10 Bookworm. It’s ok, we know you probably like books more than people. Go home and curl up with your favorite tome.
- Mall Rat, unlocked November 22, 2011 in White Plains, NY, USA: Sharper Image. Gap. That guy selling bedazzled iPhone cases from a kiosk. It’s always nice to see some familiar faces. Now, weave your way through that crazy crowd, grab an Orange Julius, and enjoy the fountain’s soothing gurgles. That’s 45 different mall spots! Exotic food courts, extravagant water features, puzzling escalator layouts – you’ve seen it all. Congrats on being a Level 10 Mall Rat!
- JetSetter, unlocked December 24th 2011 in Fredericton, Nouveau Brunswick, Canada : Hopping around the world one airport at a time… safe travels! That’s 45 different airports! Crying babies, disgruntled TSA workers, uninspired food options – nothing can stop you. You’re a Level 10 JetSetter!
- Zoetrope,unlocked December 25, 2011 in Moncton, Nouveau Brunswick, Canada: That’s a lot of movie theater check-ins! Now, can you pick us up a large popcorn while you’re up? Level 10 Zoetrope! That sure is a lot of movies. New challenge: go back and see them all in 3-D.
- Warhol, unlocked January 7, 2012 in Tokyo, Japon: That sure is a nice collection of art gallery check-ins! You’re a Level 10 Warhol! You should honor 45 different gallery check-ins with a performance art piece. Go get 45 cans of Campbell’s Tomato Soup and don’t leave until you’ve consumed them all.
- Ski Bum, unlocked January 10, 2012 in Vale, Colorado, USA: Looks like someone’s been slaying the pow! Say, is it 1988 in here, or did someone just throw a sick Double Daffy!? Wow. 45 different slopes? Can you even feel your toes anymore? Go find a hot toddy and bask in front of a fire place, you’re a Level 10 Ski Bum!
- Great Outdoors, unlocked January 21, 2012 in Seattle, Washington, USA: Welcome to the Great Outdoors! Behold Mother Nature’s true beauty. Now if only she’d throw a double rainbow up in this piece. You just achieved Level 10 Great Outdoors status! You need your own Travel Channel show!
- Pizzaiolo, unlocked January 21, 2012 in Seattle, Washington, USA: No crust goes without proper inspection, no cheese-to-sauce ratio is left unquestioned, no distance is too far on the quest to find the perfect slice – it’s connoisseurs like you that make the pizza wheel go ‘round. All hail the Pie King! Bow down to the Slice Master! 45 different pizza check-ins?Congratulations on becoming a Level 10 Pizzaiolo. May you be floured with praise and acclaim.
- Swimmies, unlocked February 26, 2012 in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada: Hey now! You sure like checking in near the water. Let’s hope this isn’t followed-up by unlocking our “Unlucky Shark Attack” badge. Level 10 Swimmies Status! You sure do like the water. Maybe it’s time to buy a house boat? Or and island?
- Hot Tamale, unlocked March 3, 2012 in Baltimore, Mariland, USA: Rice, beans, cheese, cilantro – why eat anything else when you can get all the important food groups wrapped into one delicious pound of foil? Now pass those nachos, will ya? It’s time to guac and roll. That’s 45 different Mexican restaurants! Your taste buds must be scorched. Don’t worry, some tequila shots should probably fix that. Congrats on Level 10 Hot Tamale status!
- Film Fiend, unlocked March 14, 2012 in Austin, Texas, USA: Ahh, the movies. Sit back, turn off your phone, and, because it’s Austin, be sure to get a jumbo bucket of buttered ribs. Right? Everything is barbecue down here. That’s 27 film events!Congrats on being a Level 10 Film Fiend.
- Crowd Surfer, unlocked March 15, 2012 in Austin, Texas, USA: Wrist stamp? Check. Ear plugs? Check. Laid back foot-tapping-and-head-bobbing-stance? No way! Shoulder your way to the front and get into it! It’s SXSW and you’ve got a ton of bands to see! That’s 45 shows! Congrats on being a Level 10 Crowd Surfer!
- Trainspotter, unlocked March 22, 2012 in Dorval, Quebec, Canada: From the MTA to the Tube, the Shinkansen to the Trans-Siberian, you’ve ridden them all (or will someday)! Here’s to the beauty of public transit, and to always giving up your seat for the pregnant, elderly, and backpackers who haven’t showered in a week. 45 different spots? You’re a Level 10 Trainspotter! You’ve seen it all (or at least passed by it), and there’s not a dent in the ozone layer to show for it. Congrats!
- Fried check-in, unlocked April 14, 2012 in Brossard, Quebec, Canada: Battered up! Soo much fried chicken! I believe the technical term for that is Poultry In Motion. The coveted Level 10 Fried Check-in victory is yours!!! Be sure to thank the deep fryer in your acceptance speech. And maybe apologize to your arteries.
- Fixer Upper, unlocked April 22, 2012 in Repentigny, Quebec, Canada: Whether you’re here for 1/4″ electro-galvanized roofing nails or that hammer-machine-saw-thingy, here’s to getting stuff done! 45 hardware stores? You hit up those last 5 just so you could get to Level 10, didn’t ya? We like that about you.
- Baker’s dozen, unlocked April 22, 2012 in Repentigny, Quebec, Canada: You must really love the fresh-baked goodness of baguettes and beignets. Why not reward yourself by curling up with a nice croissant? Level 10 Victory! In case you haven’t noticed, that’s 45 bakeries. Buy yourself a cake. A big one.
- Flame Broiled, unlocked April 27, 2012 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada: There’s nothing like satisfying your craving with a bacon-infused, grass-fed Kobe beef burger nestled on a brioche bun. Or, you know, a good ol’ Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Sorry, make that a Royale with Cheese. (Oh you fancy, huh?). 40 different burger spots? Do people call you Grill Master? You’ve just achieved Level 10 Flame Broiled status! From the un-fussed to the fancy, you’ve tried them all. Meat lovers the world-round applaud you. Congrats on visiting 45 different burger joints!
- Bento, unlocked May 25, 2012 in Mexico, Mexico: Did you order the tako-wasa? How about tamago yaki to start? Ooh, and definitely get some ponzu on the side. Better yet, ditch the menu and go omakase like a pro. The chefs will definitely yell ‘Arigatogozaimashita’ when you leave. Level 10 Bento! Go through the menu and order every single item you’ve never tried. There shouldn’t be much after 45 different Japanese restaurants! Unless… have you been ordering teriyaki chicken this whole time?
- Wino, unlocked June 27, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada, US: Quite the discerning wine palate. Let the tannins settle and savor the flavor profile – vanilla, butterscotch, used-chimney. Enjoy your next pinot, you oenophile you. Woah there, fancy pants. In case you were too inebriated to notice – you just became a Level 10 Wino. We suggest a detox. Like, immediately.
- Handmade Hero, unlocked July 3, 2012 in Kinsgton, Jamaica: Warm up the glue gun, sharpen your scissors and lay out some pipe cleaners – cause somebody’s about to make something awesome! Sure hope it’s a papier-mâché dinosaur! Handmade Hero Level 10. Up-cycler Extraordinaire. Popsicle Stick Pro. Felt Fiend, Glitter Guru, and Die-cut Destroyer. Congrats on visiting 45 different craft stores!
- Vinyl, unlocked July 12 , 2012 in Albany, NY, US: “You spin me right round, baby, right round. Like a record, baby, round round round round.” Congrats on finding one of the last record stores in the world! That’s 45 different record stores! We didn’t know if that many still existed. Consider us very impressed. Congrats on your Level 10 Vinyl Victory!
- Porky, unlocked July 19, 2012 in Seoul, South Korea: Brisket or ribs? Pulled pork or pork belly? What sides will you get? Whatever you choose, remember to bask in that contented, full-of-barbecue feeling before it turns into over-stuffed regret. And wipe that sauce off your face. You’re making us hungry. That’s 45 different barbecue spots! You are a Level 10 barbecue connoisseur, which basically means you win at life. Well done, friend.
- Blue Note, unlocked August 1, 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey: Miles, Monk, Mingus, Max. Duke, Dizzy, Django. Benny and Bird. Louis and Lady Day… You could go on, but you’re no high-hat. Now, don’t be shy – grab your sax and jump on stage for a quick on-stage jam sesh! *snap* *snap* 45 different jazz spots? You’re the Real McCoy, aren’t ya? Congratulations on Level 10 Blue Note status.
- Treat yo self, unlocked August 2, 2012 in Casablanca, Moroco: Hot stone massages. Treat yo self. Algae baths. Treat yo self. Carrot mulch scrubs. Treat yo self. Go ahead, splurge on the caviar wrap! And don’t forget to snag a tub of that macadamia nut cream on your way out. #treatyoself That’s 45 different spas! Is there anyone who knows how to treat themselves better than you? Either way, congrats on Level 10 super status. We would give you a hug but you’re probably covered in something goopy. And edible.
- 7-10 Split, unlocked August 30, 2012 in Braga, Portugal: You’ve shown your loyalty to the lanes, cooking up one hot turkey after the next. Now see if you can crash that 8-year-old’s birthday party. That cake looks good! You just unlocked Level 10! That’s one level for each pin! Congratulations on 45 different bowling alleys. Your leather Strike Master jacket is in the post.
- Greasy Spoon, unlocked August 30, 2012 in Braga, Portugal: Sticky vinyl booths, bottomless mugs of joe, apple pie fresh out of the display case… Does that waitress have syrup on her hairnet? Sounds like diner heaven to us. Now, treat yourself to onion rings. Or a milkshake. We suggest both. Wow. You’ve been to 45 different diners! Are your arteries still intact? Who cares, you’re sitting pretty at Level 10. Congrats!
- Monkey Bars, unlocked August 30, 2012 in Braga, Portugal: Forget those “Bender” and “Crunked” badges – you’ve conquered the playground circuit! You just unlocked Level 10! Whip yourself up a dirt cup, sooth those monkey bar blisters, and give yourself 100 gold stars.
- Don’t Stop Believin’, unlocked August 31, 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaisia: Just a small town girl / Living in a lonely world / She took the midnight train going anywhere! Someone’s really enjoying those karaoke field trips! Treat yourself by slaying a lil’ Bon Jovi. 45 different karaoke bars? Dude, it’s time to go pro. Or at least audition for a reality show. Level 10 is a big deal!
- Dog’s Best Friend, unlocked August 31, 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaisia: Woof! Woof woof woof woof woof! Woof! Woof woof! You’ve been to 45 different dog runs! You are AWESOME. Go give your pup a belly rub. We’ll leave you two alone. (Congrats on Level 10!).
- Birdy, unlocked August 31, 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaisia: Birdies. Eagles. Albatrosses. Gophers. It’s a wild world out there on the golf course. Now just stay out of those bunkers, check the wind, and get that backswing just right… you’re an ace away from a Green Jacket! You’ve reached the green in regulation! That’s 45 different golf courses – congrats on Level 10!
- Herbivore, unlocked October 3, 2012 in Albany, NY, US: No dilemma for you – it’s veggies all the way. Now treat yourself to a Tofurky club and a shot of kombucha. After all, you’ve joined the esteemed ranks of Brad Pitt and Katy Perry. And Gandhi. You’re a Level 10 Herbivore! Like a Triceratops! Or Buddha! Pat yourself on the belly – 45 different vegetarian spots is no small feat.
If you haven’t already done so, I invite you to check out all my other virtual trips and other Foursquare posts via my Foursquare Encyclopedia page, or my latest posts listed here below: